UKI adore faraway places – especially those with volcanoes, coral reefs, rainforests or ancient cities to explore. But I’ll always have a soft spot for Britain, where I grew up and still live.
I have travelled extensively in England, Wales and Scotland and enjoy seeking out the best of everything, from quirky shops in Brighton and cutting-edge street art in Bristol to the best places to watch puffins in Pembrokeshire or enjoy opera in English country gardens.
I’ve recently written about some of Britain’s best cities, traditions, natural wonders and eco-friendly accommodation options for Rough Guides, The Independent and Cool Places, among others.
I’ve also been writing an extensive series of inspirational travel articles about Welsh towns, islands, beaches and national parks for Visit Wales, Brecon Beacons National Park Authority and ResponsibleTravel.com.
Recent researchI have produced writing and photography on a wide range of topics and themes, including the following.
- Hidden London
- Brighton, Britain’s most colourful city
- Exploring the South Downs National Park
- Walking the South Downs Way
- Bloomsbury in Sussex
- Bonfire Night in Lewes
- Literary heritage in the Lake District
- Narrowboating in style on the Mon and Brec Canal
- Walking, wildlife-watching, horse riding and stargazing in Brecon Beacons National Park
- South Wales in the footsteps of Dylan Thomas
- Outdoor adventures in Pembrokeshire
- Boat trips and birdwatching on Skomer, Skokholm and Ramsey
- Eco-friendly holidays in Wales
- Best beaches in Wales
- Travelling to Scotland by train
- Cycling in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
- Walking in Great Trossachs Forest, a forest of the future